There is a disagreement in our home. We call on you, gentle readers, to put the question to rest.
The backstory: Our darling son does not crawl, walk, or run. He scoots (and he is darn good at it). It doesn't look like he'll be giving it up anytime soon.
The question: One of his parents has taken to calling him Scooter, and argues that it is the world's second-cutest nickname (Scout being reserved for girls). It evokes brainy muppets and zippy Vespas. The other thinks it is an awful thing to call the kid. This parent argues that it is mocking poor Scooter's favored method of transport, and could lead to him become a strange, small man who obscures his real name, his nickname, and justice. Or even worse, a Republican.
The answer: In your hands. I'm sure there is a clever survey widget or somesuch, but just leave your vote in the comments. Voting will remain open until I win.
Thank you for your help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i like it! I'm so unclear on who likes or dislikes the name...You are sooo very gifted in the area of unbiased surveys.
I vote yes, that's how nicknames are born! I think it sounds better than "Connie" or "Big Bum". There are worse Muppets to be associated with. And what's wrong with Republicans anyway???
I think it's cute! Of course, he might take objection when he is twenty-one and running for office as a deomocrat.
Post a Comment