Friday, November 7, 2008

In two weeks. . .

The Drool Machine has been sick this week (cold becomes ear infection causes motion sickness). So for seven days, Adam and I have taken turns overnight, taken turns missing work, and taken turns as human splat-mats. The wear and tear have shown, apparently, and the ever-present parenting advice has increased. And so I present my personal favorites: helpful, useless, funny, or sweet, all heard in the last two weeks.

  1. It only feels like Chinese water torture.
  2. In 2 weeks, it will all be different.
  3. Oh, you were a great puker. I don't miss that!
  4. "I think he's a genius!"
    "Then I won't tell you that my dog does the same thing."
  5. Live the moment.
  6. I don't want to scare you, but Paula was just like this as a baby.
  7. I wish I had boobs. Then I wouldn't need you for anything.
  8. These days will also surpass.
  9. Well, if it's just motion sickness, can't you make him hold still?
Today the boys are at school, and I'm off to work. Everybody keep your fingers crossed that we all get to stay there until the end of the day!

No comments: