Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wednesday.

I'm intrigued by this A Week In The Life project, so we're giving it a try. It may be incredibly dull, it may involve everyone seeing what a mess my house is, but if I can pull off the commitment to take pictures and write something every day, at least some of them will seem worthwhile 10 years from now, right?

And so, without further ado: Wednesday.

6am: Adam dresses the baby in his school colors. He's ready for the Academy. (As long as there's no reading or writing on the entrance exam.)
6:15 am: Adam dresses himself in his school colors, but adds socks.

Noon: Realize that I meant to start this on Monday, and that it is now Wednesday. Mentally file the two photos I took before school as a success. Day 1, under way.

5:30 pm: Ah, home. (CJ's in the same outfit! All day! He's so grown up.)
Mash banana. Diaper. Rub banana all over baby's head. Nebulize. Diaper. Nurse. Fall asleep in the rocking chair. Wake up with a stiff neck. Start cooking. Dishes. Laundry. Jammies.

And then, guilty pleasures: dinner on the couch and Dancing With The Stars.

8:30 pm: Oh, crap. I'm supposed to take a picture of myself every day. I am SO not getting off the couch right now. I'll take a picture of my foot. The board book injury will add interest and focus. Or not.


10:30 pm: Adam gets home. It seems CJ has been attempting to steal Cheerios from the other babies at school. Where does this come from? We haven't given him any Cheerios yet. Add Cheerios to the grocery list, and add a page titled "Baby's First Heist" to the baby book. Start to ask Adam if we're neglectful parents for not noticing the boy's overwhelming need for o-shaped cereal, but fall asleep before forming the sentence.

2 comments:

Gram said...

Keep writting these, you are making my sides hurt from laughing so hard. What was the board book injury? Sounds like a title for a mystery.

Gram said...

These blogs should have spell check. Whoops!