Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things I Did Not Realize.

I'm sure that of my 6 loyal readers, the 3 who have been at-home moms will not be surprised by anything on this list. But here is what I've learned in my first three days ALL ALONE with the little man:

1. That so many different muscle groups could be so sore, simultaneously, without actually getting anything done.

2. That cheap carpeting sheds more than all three family dogs. Combined.

3. What sitting in a cube without natural light for five days a week was doing to my psyche.

4. That when a baby is learning to pull himself up to standing, and a mother likes to wear yoga pants, you really really really need to put up kitchen curtains.

5. That I am still, 14 months later, as unqualified for this job as I was when we snuck him out of the hospital.

Now, can someone please tell me what I'm about to learn in the 2nd 1/2 of the week?

5 comments:

Paula J. Norcott said...

How about how 8 hours suddenly seems more like 2 and all the things you dreamed you would accomplish if you were home have flown right out the window. My pants got pulled right to my ankles this week by a baby who wanted "tose peeeesse" (toast please) luckily I have no neighbors!

P.S who is qualified really? fake it till ya make it!

Gram said...

Isn't it odd how when you sit in an office you think of all the things you would be doing if you were home. Yeah, right. These days go by so quickly, live in the moment.

Anonymous said...

Number 4 is fantastic. Duly noted. My addition to the list is that I did not realize that on some days the most stimulating conversation I would have would be with the checkout woman at the grocery store.

Unknown said...

8 hours does seem like 2 -- except for when it seems like 48! Also, you will soon learn that the world's most demanding boss has nothing on a toddler. (It's a good thing they're a lot cuter than most bosses.)

CJ thinks you're the most qualified for the job, and his is the only opinion that matters.

I miss you here already, but the chair is comfy....

Unknown said...

If you can get your bed made and the baby dressed you can consider it a good day! Dinner on the table? It's just an added bonus.